CALFRESH, formerly known as Food Stamps, is a supplemental food program for Californians in need of nutritional assistance. It is estimated that up to 50% of those eligible in this county are not accessing this benefit. Second Harvest Food Bank provides application assistance for CalFresh. If you or someone you know is struggling to put food on the table, CalFresh can help. The CalFresh benefit is provided in an EBT debit card that looks like any other debit card. You can use it to purchase groceries and fresh produce at participating grocery stores and farmers’ markets just like you would any other debit card.
You can learn more about applying for CalFresh at http://shfb.org/calfreshor by calling Second Harvest’s Food Connection hotline at 800-984-3663. Second Harvest Food Bank provides application assistance at the following locations and; call Food Connection for an appointment.
San Mateo County
(For dates and times or to schedule an appointment, call the Food Connection number)
Application Assistance in Central & Coastal San Mateo County
- • Machinist’s Hall: 1511 Rollins Road, Burlingame.
- • CALL Primrose, Burlingame: Call 650-342-2255 for an appointment.
- • San Mateo Medical Center: 222 W. 39th Avenue, San Mateo 1st Floor CHA office.
- • Edgewood Produce Mobile: 957 B Industrial Rd, San Carlos
- • Moonridge Housing: 2001 Miramonte Point Road; Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- • San Mateo County Bookmobile serving LaHonda, LaMar & Pescadero
Application Assistance in Northern San Mateo County
- • Lawson Hall Produce Mobile & Brown Bag: 125 Accacia Street, Daly City
- • South San Francisco Medical Center: 306 Spruce Avenue, South SF
- • Daly City Medical Center: 380 90th Street, Daly City, 94015
Application Assistance in South San Mateo County
- • El Centro de Libertad: 500 Allerton St. Redwood City
- • Fair Oaks Children’s Clinic: 630 Laurel St, Redwood City
- • Hoover Elementary School: 701 Charter Street, Redwood City; For an appointment call (650)482-5925 ext.307
- • Kennedy Middle School: 2521 Goodwin Ave., Redwood City
- • St. Anthony’s Dining Room: 3500 Middlefield Rd, Menlo Park
- • Willow Road Clinics: VA, Arbor (Stanford) & Willow (SMC): 795 Willow Rd., Bldg 334, Menlo Park
- • Ravenswood Farmers Market: 1798-A Bay Road, East Palo Alto, 94303
- • El Concilio Family Harvest: 2450 Ralmar St., East Palo Alto