Senator Jerry Hill and representatives from the San Mateo County Health System and Service Employees International Union - United Healthcare Workers West are holding a free informational forum about affordable health care options from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, January 25, at the Millbrae Community Center, 477 Lincoln Circle, in meeting rooms D, E, and F.
The program, co-hosted by the City of Millbrae and Mayor Wayne Lee, begins with a panel discussion on Covered California, Medi-Cal expansion and Health Plan of San Mateo County. A question-and-answer period with the audience follows.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to enroll in Covered California with help from certified enrollment counselors from SEIU-UHW.
Here’s what to bring if you wish to enroll in Covered California:
· Valid ID -- driver’s license or passport -- for each adult applying
· Any piece of postmarked mail sent to the applicant’s California address
· 2012 income tax filings (including dependent tax information and head-of-household status)
· Birth certificate, permanent resident card, or passport for each person applying
· For all family members to be covered: birth dates, social security numbers, home address and ZIP codeThe year’s open enrollment period ends March 31.