SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCILAugust 27, 2013 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
Thank you San Bruno Garden Club for providing the beautiful floral arrangement.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
The Beautification Task Force is accepting nominations for the Annual Beautification Awards Program. Applications can be found on the website as well in the City Clerk’s office and the deadline is Friday, August 30, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
Receive Oral Report from the 2013 San Bruno Sister City Student Exchange Delegation to Narita Japan.
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Special Study Sessions of July 9 and 19, 2013, City Council Meeting of July 23, 2013.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.
a. Approve: Accounts Payable of July 15, 22, 29 and August 5, 12 and 19 2013.
b. Approve: Payroll of July 19, August 2 and 16, 2013.
c. Accept: Reconciliation of General Ledger to Bank Reports and the Investment Reports
Dated June 30 and July 31, 2013.
d. Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract in the Amount of $112,040 with the San Mateo County Area Agency on Aging for the City of San Bruno’s Congregate Nutrition and Transportation Programs for Seniors for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
e. Adopt: Resolution Rescinding Resolution 1986-34 and Appointing Directors to ABAG Plan Corporation.
f. Receive: The Bi-Annual Report on City’s Investment Portfolio.
g. Approve: Out-of-State Travel for Two Central Garage Mechanics for Training on Servicing Vactor Vehicles in Streator, Illinois in September 2013 and Spring 2014.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance, five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate. The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
10. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
a. Adopt Resolution Approving Bylaws for the San Bruno Community Foundation and Provide Direction Regarding Selection Process for Directors to the Board.
b. Adopt Resolution Authorizing Extension of the 2013 San Bruno Park Swimming Pool Season through September 29, 2013.
c. Receive Report on the Results of Soil and Materials Testing of PG&E Line 132 and Provide Direction to Staff Regarding the Filling of Line 132 in the Crestmoor Neighborhood.
d. Adopt Resolution Approving a Sanitary Sewer Lateral Replacement Program in the Crestmoor Neighborhood.
e. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to:
· Execute a Contract with JMB Construction for Construction of the College Water Pump Station (No. 4) Project in the Amount of $2,449,000 with a Construction Contingency of $367,350;
· Execute an Amendment to the Contract with Brown and Caldwell for Design Support Services During Construction in the Amount Not to Exceed $65,549;
· Execute a Contract for Construction Inspection Services with West Yost Associates in an Amount not to Exceed $169,695; and
· Appropriate an Additional $201,864 Water Capital Funds to the Project.
f. Adopt Resolution:
· Amending Resolution No. 2006-75 Establishing Salary and Benefits for the Elected City Clerk and City Treasurer Position;
· Adopt Resolution Amending the Cable Television Promotional Account Policy to Include City Clerk and City Treasurer Positions.
g. Adopt Resolution Amending the Fiscal Year 2013-14 Fire Department Budget to Include an Additional $25,000 for Hose.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
Receive Annual Report from the Senior Advisory Committee.
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on September 10, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.
Posted Pursuant to Law 08/23/13-30-