AGENDA SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL & SAN BRUNO SUCCESSOR AGENCYSeptember 10, 2013 Meeting Location: Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
Thank the San Bruno Garden Club for providing the beautiful floral arrangement.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
a. Receive Update on the Planned Closure of San Bruno Ave. September 20 to 30, 2013 for Construction of the Caltrain Grade Separation.
b. Present Proclamation Declaring September 2013 as National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month in San Bruno.
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
City Council Meeting of August 27, 2013.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.
a. Approve: Accounts Payable of August 26, 2013.
b. Approve: Successor Agency Accounts Payable of February 19, March 4, 11, 25, April 8, 15, May 6, 13, June 10, July 8 and 22, 2013
c. Approve: Payroll of August 30, 2013.
d. Adopt: Resolution Accepting the Cable and Technology Fire Suppression System Project as Complete and Authorizing the Release of the Construction Contract Retention in the Amount of $3,477.
e. Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Amended Agreement Between the City of San Bruno, City of Millbrae, and the Central County Fire Department for Shared Fire Chief Services.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance,
five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments
earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
10. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
a. Receive Report on the Grand Boulevard Initiative's Complete Streets Case Study and Adopt Resolution Appropriating $11,000 of Measure M Funds to Complete Preliminary (25%) Design Drawings.
b. Receive Report on the Activities of the Successor Agency to the San Bruno Redevelopment Agency and Adopt Resolutions:
· Approving the Recognized Obligation Payment Schedule 2013-14B for the period of January 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014.
· Approving the Long Range Property Management Plan.
· Approving Repayment of Amounts Owed to the City of San Bruno by the Former San Bruno Redevelopment Agency.
c. Receive Report and Provide Direction Regarding the Selection Process for Appointing Directors to the Board of the San Bruno Community Foundation.
d. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Sole Source Contract with Oratech Controls Environmental Instrumentation to Furnish and Install Three (3) FLO-DAR Flow Meters for the Dry Weather Flow Monitor at 7th Avenue and Tanforan Avenue Project in the Amount of $56,226 and a Construction Contingency of $8,434.
e. Adopt Resolutions:
· Confirming Project Compliance as Required for the Acceptance of Metropolitan Transportation Commission Award of the Safe Route to Transit Grant Program in the Amount of $500,000.
· Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Funding Agreement with the San Mateo County Transportation Authority for the Award of the Measure A Pedestrian and Bicycle Grant in the Amount of $350,000 for the Transit Corridor Pedestrian Connection Improvement Project.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on September 24, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at theSenior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.