When students of Parkside Intermediate School in San Bruno arrive for classes on Nov. 8, they’ll spot a new mural and other signs that their school has been on the receiving end of a huge volunteer effort.
A project organized through Hands On Bay Area has planned the following improvements:
- Mural - A sport themed mural will be painted on the wall by the ball field. It will include images of softball, boys & girls soccer, flag football and basketball. Also included will be the words "San Bruno Community" and at the bottom "Thank you NetSuite volunteers"
- Gym Rooms - Equipment will be cleaned out from both gym rooms, walls repainted, build shelves/cabinets and clean or possibly repaint the floors
- Gym Doors - All 8 doors in the gym will sanded and repainted
- Outbuilding - An outbuilding will be painted to match the school
- Outdoor Picnic benches - The 9 outside picnic benches will be sanded and repainted
- Green poles - 18 outdoor poles will be sanded and repainted
Prep work will begin this Wednesday, Oct. 30, with powerwashing and priming.
Parent Ray Fucini is credited with spearheading the effort. He is vice president of San Bruno Education Foundation, a nonprofit that raises funds for local schools.