Written by Christa Bigue
Pick-Your-Own Pumpkin Patches in Half Moon Bay:
· 4 C’s Pumpkin Patch – make a day of it at this pumpkin farm, where kids can venture through rows of pumpkins while also enjoying pony rides, train rides, slides and a petting zoo. 12371 San Mateo Road, (650) 726-9614.
· A. Repetto Nursery- at this pumpkin patch, visitors can choose from more than 30 different pumpkin varieties, meander through a corn maze and go for a hayride. 12331 San Mateo Road, (650) 726-6414.
· Andreotti Family Farm- after picking out a pumpkin, visitors can wander through the corn maze, eat candied apples and check out the animals on display. 329 Kelly Avenue, (650) 726-9151.
· Arata Pumpkin Farm – in addition to pumpkins, this family-friendly farm features pony rides, a haunted barn, a petting zoo, a hay maze and more. 185 Verde Road, (650) 726-7548, www.aratapumpkinfarm.com.
· Bob's Pumpkin Farm – visitors will find a large selection of pumpkins, a picnic area, farm animals, a corn maze and a hay pyramid. Cabrillo Highway (Hwy. 1), five miles south of Half Moon Bay, (650) 726-4567.
· Farmer Dom’s Pumpkin Patch at Harbor Village— pumpkins, family events, fundraisers, jumpers for kids, face painting, kite flying, costume contests, food, specials by the merchants, music, pie eating competitions and pumpkin carving competitions at Harbor Village mall located in Princeton by the Sea. 270 Capistrano Road, (888) 606-4862, http://farmerdomspumpkinpatch.weebly.com/
· Farmer John’s Pumpkin Farm - life-long farmers Farmer John and his wife Eda grow more than 60 varieties of pumpkins and squash. Visitors can also check out an authentic Native American Teepee and take a ride on a vintage tractor. 850 North Cabrillo Highway, (650) 726-4980,www.farmerjohnspumpkins.com.
· Lemos Family Farm - this family farm specializes in year-round activities for children such as pony rides, tractor/train rides, petting zoo and more. 12320 San Mateo Road, (650) 726-2342, www.lemosfarm.com.
· Muzzi’s Ranch Pumpkin Patch – tucked in the hills, families can have fun picking pumpkins, climbing stacks of hay and finding their way through a corn maze at this farm. 950 La Honda Road, San Gregorio, CA 94074
· Pastorino Gifts & Plants – this family-run farm boasts hayrides, train rides, ponies, pet and feed farm animals, giant slides, and on the weekends there’s a haunted house and face painting. 12391 San Mateo Road, (650) 726-6440,www.pastorinofarms.com.
· Pumpkin Depot – visitors to this pumpkin farm will find some of the largest pumpkins in Half Moon Bay, plus other gourds, corn stalks and miniature bales of straw. 2710 N. Cabrillo Highway, (650) 400-0376, www.pumpkindepot.com.