Here's a guide to candidates and ballot measures to know about. Check back with Patch for live updates of election results.
State Assembly District 22:
- Kevin Mullin: South San Francisco city councilmember and former mayor. He's the favorite and got 68 percent of the vote in the primary election. (Democrat)
- Mark Gilham, small business owner. Gilham is a former Marine and missionary and lives in Redwood City. (Republican)
State Assembly District 19 (includes part of Westborough and Sunshine Gardens neighborhoods):
- Michael Breyer, small businessman/entrepreneur (Democrat).
- Phil Ting, current Assessor-Recorder for the City and County of San Francisco (Democrat).
State Senate District 13:
- Jerry Hill, assemblymember (Democrat)
- Sally Lieber, former assemblymember (Democrat)
San Mateo County Board of Supervisors:
- Warren Slocum is vying for the District 4 seat on the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors. He came out ahead in the primary with 39 percent of the vote.
- Shelly Masur will face Slocum in the supervisor race. She currently sits on the Redwood City School Board.
County ballot measures:
- Measure A: sales tax
- Measure B: Board of Supervisors charter amendment
- Measure C: county controller appointment
County Harbor Commission (vote for 3):
- Leo Padreddii of South San Francisco
- Will Holsinger of San Mateo
- Brandon Kwan of Moss Beach
- Pietro Parravano of Half Moon Bay
- Sabrina Brennan of Moss Beach
- Neil Merrilees of El Granada
*South San Francisco Unified School District Board of Trustees (unopposed):
- Judy Bush is currently president of the board, and was elected to the board in 2008. She is unopposed.
- Maurice Goodman is currently a trustee, was elected to the board in 2008 and was board president in 2011. He is unopposed.
State ballot measures:
Proposition 34: Death Penalty. Initiative Statute.
Proposition 35: Human Trafficking. Penalties. Initiative Statute.
Proposition 37: Genetically Engineered Foods. Labeling. Initiative Statute.
Proposition 40: Redistricting. State Senate Districts. Referendum.