AGENDA - SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL February 25, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno, CA
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Special Council Meeting of February 6, 2014, Regular Council Meeting of February 11 and Special Council Meeting of February 11, 2014.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.- Approve: Accounts Payable of January 27, February 10 and 18, 2014.
- Approve: Payroll of February 9, 2014.
- Accept: Reconciliation of General Ledger to Bank Reports and the Investment Reports Dated January 31, 2014.
- Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the Expansion of the 2014 Summer Concerts in the Park Series to Include Fridays in September
- Adopt: Resolution Accepting a Donation from the San Bruno Nutrition Site Council to Purchase a Multifunction Copier for the Senior Center in the Amount of $6,595.
- Adopt: Resolution Accepting and Appropriating a $9,500 Grant from Pacific Library Partnership for Production of Centennial Digital Audio and Video Oral Histories and Programming.
- Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Amendment to Agreement with Vavrinek, Trine, Day & Co. Extending Financial Audit Services for Annual Audit through June 30, 2013
- Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement for Joint Operational and EMS Training Services and Administration Program between the Fire Agencies of Belmont, Central County Fire, Foster City, Millbrae, San Bruno and San Mateo.
- Adopt: Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a First Amended Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement with the San Mateo Operational Area Emergency Services Organization.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance, five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
10. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
- Adopt Resolution Adopting the 2014 Updated Sewer Master Plan.
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract with Nor-Cal Pipeline Services for Construction of the Chestnut Sewer Rehabilitation Project in the Amount of $55,805 and Approving a Construction Contingency of $11,195.
- Adopt Resolution Approving Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Funding for Construction of an Animal Care Shelter.
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Multi-Year Contract with West Valley Construction Company, Inc. for Sewer Spot Repair Services in an Amount not to Exceed $175,000 for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
- Adopt Resolution Approving the City to Co-Sponsor the Annual San Bruno Relay for Life Event.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on March 11, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the
Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.