AGENDA - SAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL - April 22, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno, CA
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
a. The Grand Opening Ceremony for the Newly Constructed Caltrain Station will be held Saturday, May 10 beginning at 11:00 a.m. at the new Posy Park on San Mateo Ave.
b. The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life will be held on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at Capuchino High School in San Bruno beginning at 10:00 a.m.
c. Operation Clean Sweep will be held Saturday, May 3, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at San Bruno City Park, register at www.sanbruno.ca.gov.
d. The 5th Annual Children’s Day/Book Day will be held in San Bruno Park from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m., Saturday April 26.
a. Present Proclamation Declaring April 20 – 26 as West Nile Virus and Mosquito and Vector Control Awareness Week.
b. Present 30-year Service Award to Fire Captain Scott Marshall.
c. Present 30-plus-year Service Award to Firefighter and Mechanic Phil Wargo.
d. Receive Presentation from San Francisco International Airport Regarding Planned Closure of two runways at the Airport.
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Special Council Meetings of April 5, 8 and 9 and Regular Council Meeting of April 8, 2014.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.
- Approve: Accounts Payable of April 7, 2014.
- Approve: Payroll of April 6, 2014.
- Accept: Reconciliation of General Ledger to Bank Reports and the Investment Reports - Dated March 31, 2014.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance, five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
10. CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
- Receive Report and Provide Direction on the Reimbursement Process for Replacement of Upper Sanitary Sewer Laterals in the Crestmoor Neighborhood.
- Adopt Resolution Approving Reconstruction Projects in the Crestmoor Area.
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing the Purchase of Four Ford Escape Sport Utility Vehicles, One Ford F-150 Truck, Two Ford F-350 Dump Trucks, and Two Ford F-150 Commercial Vans from Serramonte Ford in the Total Amount of $244,909.
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing the Development and Circulation of a Request for Proposals for the Replacement of Streetlights.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
Receive Annual Report from Citizens Crime Prevention Committee
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on May 13, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.
Posted Pursuant to Law 04/18/14