AGENDASAN BRUNO CITY COUNCIL March 11, 2014 7:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno, CA
City Council meetings are conducted in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised and City Council Rules of Procedure. You may address any agenda item by standing at the microphone until recognized by the Council. All regular Council meetings are recorded and televised on CATV Channel 1 and replayed the following Thursday, at 2:00 pm. You may listen to recordings in the City Clerk's Office, purchase CD’s, access our web site at www.sanbruno.ca.gov or check out copies at the Library. We welcome your participation. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring reasonable accommodations or appropriate alternative formats for notices, agendas and records for this meeting should notify us 48 hours prior to meeting. Please call the City Clerk’s Office 650-616-7058.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Present Proclamation to the Bay Area Chapter Volunteers of the American Red Cross
Recognizing American Red Cross Month 2013.
5. REVIEW OF AGENDA:
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Regular Council Meeting of January 28, 2014, Special Council Meeting of February 25, 2014 and Regular Council Meeting of February 25, 2014.
7. CONSENT CALENDAR: All items are considered routine or implement an earlier Council action and may be enacted by one motion; there will be no separate discussion unless requested by a Councilmember, citizen or staff.
- Approve: Accounts Payable of February 24 and March 3, 2014.
- Approve: Payroll of February 23, 2014.
- Approve: Resolutions Approving Agreements Between the City of San Bruno and the Miscellaneous Bargaining Unit, the Mid Management Bargaining Unit, and the San Bruno Management Employee Association (SBMEA), and Authorizing Their Execution by the City Manager.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
9. PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA: Individuals allowed three minutes, groups in attendance,
five minutes. If you are unable to remain at the meeting, ask the City Clerk to request that the Council consider your comments
earlier. It is the Council's policy to refer matters raised in this forum to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from discussing or acting upon any matter not agendized pursuant to State Law.
CONDUCT OF BUSINESS:
a. Adopt Resolution Approving Property Owner Notice and Public Hearing Process for 2014-15 Garbage Rate Increase Proposed by Recology San Bruno.
b. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract with Maintenance Design Group, Inc. for the Development of a Corporation Yard Master Plan in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $55,650.
c. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to: 1) Execute a Memorandum of Agreement with the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to Develop an Alternatives Analysis of Supplemental Water Capacity to Provide for the Regional Groundwater Storage and Recovery Project and 2) Execute a Contract with West Yost Associates to Develop an Alternatives Analysis of Supplemental Water Capacity to Provide for the Regional Groundwater Storage and Recovery Project in an Amount not to Exceed $60,900.
d. Provide Direction to Staff Regarding Alternative Ordinances to Regulate the Inspection, Repair and Replacement of Private Sewer Laterals at the Time of Sale of Residential Property.
e. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute a Contract for the South Westside Basin Shallow Groundwater Study Project with RMC Water and Environment in an Amount Not to Exceed $219,694 and Amending the 2013-14 Capital Improvement Program Budget to include the South Westside Basin Shallow Groundwater Project in the Amount of $239,694.
f. Adopt Resolution Amending the FY 2013-14 Operating Budget to Add an Administrative Fire Battalion Chief Position in the Fire Department.
11. REPORT OF COMMISSIONS, BOARDS, & COMMITTEES:
12. COMMENTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS:
13. CLOSED SESSION:
Conference with Labor Negotiators Pursuant to Gov't Code Section 54957.6; Agency Designated Representatives: City Manager, Human Resources Director, and City Labor Negotiator, Geoff Rothman, Employee Organizations: Police, Public Safety Mid Management and Fire Bargaining Units.
The next regular City Council Meeting will be held on March 25, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the
Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno.
The STAFF AGENDA Packet can be selected and downloaded from: