- This Friday, December 6th weigh-ins will take place at
- Holiday Inn & Suites, Christina Room,
- 330 North Bayshore Blvd.
- San Mateo, CA 94401.
- The weigh-in official start time is at 4 PM.
- Redwood City, CA (December 1, 2013)- Bruno “the Aloha Kid” Escalante 10-1-1 (5 KOs), the exciting fan favorite, from San Carlos, CA by way of Cebu, Philippines, returns to the ring to battle Michael Ruiz Jr. 9-3-1 (3 KOs) for the IBA Junior Bantamweight Championship Title on Saturday, December 7 at the Sports House in Redwood City. These fighters are no strangers to each other; they fought each other as amateurs. In 2008 Escalante fought Ruiz in the National PAL tournament, Escalante won that match. In turn Ruiz was able to come back in the 2009 US National Quarter Final and win over Escalante. Now, both fighters are looking to settle the score as pros.
- Escalante’s record improved to 4-0 this year after multiple tough fights. The most recent fight, on September 28th, Escalante won a majority decision over Joseph Rios, which put him in position for a title fight. Now Escalante is looking to improve his overall record to 11-1-1 and close out 2013 by capturing the IBA Title.
- Michael Ruiz Jr. is a south paw from Fresno, CA, who has already fought two title fights in the past 2 years. In both fights, the WBC Youth World Super Bantamweight title in 2012 and the NABA USA Bantamweight Title 2013, Ruiz went the full distance and came up a little short. Now Ruiz is looking to redeem himself and win the IBA Junior Bantamweight Championship Title.
- In the co-main event, Jonathan “El Carismatico” Chicas 11-1 (4 KOs) will take on tough, veteran Rodolfo Armenta 13-11-1 (10 KOs) in a 6 round brawl. During the middle of the year Chicas was plagued with a hand injury, which left him inactive for a few months. However, Chicas was able to rally back and win a sensational unanimous decision over Joaquin Chavez at last month’s Fox Sports 1 show. He is looking to overtake Armenta and finish off the year with another win.
- The show will also feature five more exciting fighters: Ricardo Pinell 5-1-1(4 KOs) of San Francisco, CA, who is looking to come back strong after his loss on September 28th. Andy Vences 5-0 (2 KO) from San Jose, CA who continues to improve his unbeaten record during 2013. The undefeated Tony Johnson 6-0 (2 KOs) from San Jose, CA. The dominating Darwin Price 3-0 (2 KO) of Salinas, CA. With the show starting off with a pro debut of Chris Batista from Madera, CA.
- Escalante vs Ruiz headlines a night of world-class professional championship boxing presented by Don Chargin Productions and Paco Presents Boxing. Doors open at 6:00 pm, the first bell rings at 6:30 pm at the Sports House in Redwood City.
- Tickets, priced at $40, $55 and $100, are on sale now and available for purchase at Sports House (650) 362-4100, Undisputed Boxing Gym (650) 631-3781, B Street Boxing Gym (650) 342-7408 and online at PacoPresentsBoxing.com.
- For more information on Paco Presents Boxing, visit pacopresentsboxing.com or visit Facebook at www.facebook.com/pacopresentsboxing.
"Fight Night" Saturday December 7th
151 Edison Way, Redwood City, CA 94063
Doors open @ 6pm
Fight Starts at 6:30pm